Washington Performing Arts Society has unveiled a raft of great concerts with bargain $10 tickets for students, including two this weekend! See below for details:
Leif Ove Andsnes, piano has made a name for himself as one of the truly elite pianists of his time. On Sunday evening, he will play a simply gorgeous program of Chopin and Debussy at Strathmore.
A rising international star, cellist Sol Gabetta has been winning competitions since age 10 and soloing with orchestras around the world, including the Vienna Philharmonic. She makes her Kennedy Center debut on Saturday afternoon.
Leif Ove Andsnes, piano
Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 7PM
The Music Center at Strathmore
|Chopin||Nocturne in B Major, Op. 62, No. 1
Nocturne in E Major, Op. 62, No. 2
Images, Book I
“The most accomplished pianist of the new generation.” ~ The New York Times
Sol Gabetta, cello
Alessio Bax, piano
Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 2PM
Kennedy Center Terrace Theater
|Shostakovich||Sonata in D minor|
|Mendelssohn||Sonata No. 2 in D Major|
|Servais||Fantaisie sur deux Airs Russes|
“The night belonged to the amazing Sol Gabetta. Wit, aristocratic poise and elegance; mercurial shifts of mood, intensity and lightness of touch in near-miraculous balance; broad brush strokes and finely-drawn lines.” ~ The Glasgow Herald
$10 student tickets are available for the following performances:
Mikhail Simonyan, violin
More performances may be added throughout the year. Announcements of any additions to the student ticket list will be made immediately.
- Call WPAS Ticket Services at (202) 785-WPAS. You do not need any codes.
- Student ticket sales end at 10am the same day of a weekday performance, and Friday at 10am for a weekend performance
- You can order a MAXIMUM of 2 tickets per student ID
- Pick up your tickets the night of the performance at the WPAS table (NOT the regular box office – hint: look for banners, brochures, and badges that say WPAS)
- Student IDs WILL BE CHECKED at the table, and we will strictly adhere to the policy of 2 tickets per 1 student ID
For complete student ticket policies, please visit http://www.wpas.org/studenttickets.aspx on our website.